I finally took photos of my wedding dress in all it’s finished glory, I might be over hyping it a little. I also took pictures of the shrug which I am planning to wear with it.
The colour of the dress in the photos isn’t very accurate, I think there was too much sunshine coming in through the window, so it looks more pink than purple, it is actually purple.
The dress is shorter than the one in the pattern I followed, I intended it to be around knee length, and it is. Instead of making the entire skirt lacey I knitted the top two tiers of ruffles with the yarn doubled, because I don’t fancy my knickers being on show. The third and final tier is knitted with the yarn held single, and is shorter than the first two tiers, as I felt the dress was long enough, and also a shorter tier makes for a nice border. I followed a pattern purchase on Ravelry when making this dress, this is a link to the pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/knit-wedding-gown-dream
The dress is knitted in Bergère de France’s Angel, which I think worked quite well, my mum says that it isn’t very nice to crochet with, as it’s mohair it tends to stick to itself, which has it’s disadvantages. I am very pleased with how the dress has turned out, and super grateful for my mums making of the crochet flowers which are sewn onto the dress. I am super excited and really can’t wait till I get to wear it on my wedding day.
Here are photos of the shrug I knitted to wear with the dress:
I knitted this from a pattern in Vampire Knits, I’d been wanting to knit this for ages and what better excuse than for my wedding. I knitted this in Eden
Cottage Yarns Titus, which is absolutely gorgeous to work with.
Now to carry on with Christmas knitting projects.