I finished knitting this lovely cardigan two days ago. I finally have a chance to wear it today, as I finished sewing the last of the buttons on this morning.
Its knitted following Ysolda Teague’s Lauriel pattern. I shortened the ribbing on the cuffs slightly and also on the waist so that it wouldn’t sit too low down. I decided to added grosgrain ribbon to the insides of the button bands as reinforcement as when I knitted this cardigan for my mum I found the snaps pulled a lot on the wool.
I’m very pleased with how this cardigan has turned out, it goes really well with my 50’s style dresses and skirts. It’s lovely being able to wear it finally.
Since finishing this cardi, I have started knitting another cropped cardigan using a different pattern, so far so good.