Totally disgusting..

Just been on the phone to my city council, chasing up the reference that the private letting agent I’m hoping to get a house with needs from the council, seeing as the council are my current landlord. According to the council, for them to respond to the letting agents request for a reference I need to pay the council £67 plus vat. I think this is absolutely disgusting. I earn less than £8000 per year, I am only wanting to move because I want to move into a house with my partner (who earns more than I do). I will be leaving a one bedroomed flat which someone more needy will be able to move into. And the council want to charge me for the privaledge of wanting a reference to enable to move. And its hardly a small amount of money either.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s